1. Nutri-Vet Hairball Paw-Gel for Cats
Freight Weight: 4 ounces
Product Dimension: 2.2 x 1.5 x 6 inches
Nutri-Vet’s paw-gel is an excellent hairball remedy product designed to give a consistent dose to your cat. This hairball remedy comes in an easy to use a tube that can be used in multiple ways.
It is recommended that you squeeze out around ¼ teaspoon gel and apply it to your cat’s paws or mix it with your cat’s food. The gel is to be applied one to two times every day for it to work effectively.
As pet owners, we know how finicky our cats tend to get. This is why the paw-gel is an excellent alternative to pills, especially for cats who dislike taking pills.Pros
- Made in the USA
- Uses natural ingredients
- Does not include petroleum jelly, soy, corn, wheat or artificial flavors/colors
- Gel form makes giving the dose easier in contrast to pills, which some cats may dislike.
- Includes Hydrogenated vegetable oil, soybean oil, and other natural oils to encourage the growth of a shiny coat and reduce hair shedding.
- Available in two different flavors; chicken and salmon.
- Suitable for cats of all ages
- It tastes so good that most cats crave the flavor and lick it right off their paws. You may even offer it to your cat directly from the tube.
- Some finicky cats may smear the gel on your clothes instead of licking it off their paws.
2. Sentry Hairball Relief for Cats, Malt Flavor,4.4 Ounces
Manufacturer: SENTRY Pet Care
Freight Weight: 4.8 ounces
Product Dimension: 1.5 x 1.9 x 7 inches
The SENTRY pet care delivers what it promises. It is a straightforward product that contains ingredients such as mineral oil, petrolatum, glycerin, water, fish oil, and various other useful ingredients that help reduce your cat’s hairball problem.
To make it easy for you to feed it to your cat, this product comes in malt flavor that helps enhance the taste.
This gel has all the required ingredients for an effective hairball remedy, but it contains ingredients such as corn syrup, which might put you off or cause digestion problems for your cat.Pros
- Uses high-quality ingredients that ensure your cat doesn’t suffer from hairball problems.
- Relieves the temporary symptoms associated with hairballs, such as vomiting, constipation, dry cough, etc.
- Malt flavor enhances the gel’s taste, increasing the chances that your cat likes it.
- Suitable for cats of all ages
- Ingredients like mineral oil, petrolatum, glycerine, and various others ensure healthy hair growth and a shiny coat
- Uses corn syrup, which might lead to gastric issues in some cats.
- The consistency of the gel may change and become very watery
- Not offered in multiples flavor options, such as chicken or salmon.
- Some difficult to handle cats may wipe off the gel on the floor instead of licking it.
3. Dechra Cat Lax Cat Hairball Remedies
Freight Weight: 2 ounces
Product Dimension: 1.2 x 6.5 x 1.3 inches
The Dechra Cat Lax is a well-regarded cat hairball remedy that uses all essential ingredients needed for hairball problems. This gel can be applied to your cat’s paws or delivered to your pet otherwise in food.
It reduces the amount of hairball buildup and encourages the healthy growth of the coat. Moreover, it uses malt syrup to enhance the taste and increases the likelihood of your cat fancying this gel.
Supplements like cod liver oil and vitamin E are bonuses for this product.Pros
- Made in the USA
- Includes added nutrients like Vitamin E, cod liver oil, and antioxidants that make this gel an excellent choice for your cat.
- Very effective against hairballs and starts working within minutes
- Cats love this paw-gel and take a liking to its flavor
- Upon regular use, it prevents hairball build up along with encouraging the growth of a shiny coat
- Formulated to be effective for cats of all ages
- Does not include ingredients such as soybean oil, wheat, corn, artificial flavors/colors, etc.
- Not offered in multiple flavors such as chicken or salmon
4. TOMLYN Laxatone Hairball Remedy Gel for Cats
- 5-ounce pack: 2.9 ounces
- 25-ounce pack: 4.8 ounces
- 5-ounce pack: 9.6 ounces
- Natural Chicken
The TOMLYN Laxatone Hairball Remedy Gel is a versatile product that comes in various flavors and multiple sizes. Apart from expanding the choice for customers, it upholds the quality of the gel and uses high standard lubricants such as petrolatum, light mineral oil, and soybean oil to solve your cat’s hairball problem.
Moreover, the gel contains various added nutrients that have positive health benefits for your cat.
The gel comes in three different sized packs and is available in chicken, maple, tuna, and catnip flavors. You can choose a small size and experiment to see if your cat likes it, and later on, buy large packs once you’re certain your cat likes it.Pros
- Available in three different sized packs
- Offered in chicken, maple, tuna, and catnip flavors
- Added nutrients like Omega -3, -6, and -9 Fatty Acids ensure healthy growth of skin and coat
- It uses laxatone, that lubricates ingested hair, allowing the cat to easily pass it out of their systems
- Can be beneficial for cats of all ages
- Regular use reduces the hair fall and minimizes hairball ingestion for your cat
- Uses corn syrup that might cause gastric issues for your cat
- Tuna flavor is not as tasty and your cat may reject it
5. Cat-About by MiracleCorp Gimborn
Manufacturer: Miracle Care
- 60 grams pack: 4 ounces
- 150 grams pack: 5.6 ounces
- 300 grams pack: 13.1 ounces
- 60 grams pack: 4.5 x 4.5 x 2.2 inches
- 150 grams pack: 6 x 4.8 x 1.8 inches
- CatNip Plus Tub 60
- Single Cat Grass plus
- Small Animal Grass
- CatGrass Plus Tub
- Multi-CatNip Plus
Miracle Care offers a unique set of products that offer various health benefits as well as hairball remedies. These products are specially treated grass that needs to be watered only once and can be used in just one week.
This grass grows fast and can be a long term solution for your cat’s hairball problem.
Moreover, Cat About grass is an excellent alternative to nibbling houseplants or potentially unsafe grass in your backyard.
Apart from being a safe alternative to nibbling, this grass is an excellent source of multiple nutrients and vitamins for your cat in addition to being an effective hairball remedy.Pros
- Comes in different packs for single cat households as well as multi-cat ones
- Available in multiple sized packs: 60 grams, 150 grams, and 300 grams
- An excellent alternative to potentially poisonous houseplants and toxic lawn grass
- Added vitamins and minerals such as fiber, niacin, B vitamins, are a bonus
- A natural solution for your cat’s hairball problems, you don’t need to forcefully feed it flavored gels to help it get rid of hairballs
- Can be fed to cats of all ages
- Does not use any synthetic ingredients or syrups that might cause digestion or gastric issues for your cat
- Needs at least a week and watering to grow and be usable
- This product cant be used out of the box
6. Hartz Hairball Remedy Plus Paste for Cats and Kittens
Freight Weight: 1 pound
Product Dimension: 2.1 x 1.4 x 6.2 inches
Hartz Hairball Remedy Plus is available in the paste as well as soft chew form. It uses a formula infused with omega fatty acids that support healthy skin and coat, which gradually reduces hair shedding and solves your cat’s hairball problems.
Moreover, the Hartz hairball Remedy benefits your cat by allowing hairballs to easily pass through the gastrointestinal tract. This product is offered in Chicken as well as Salmon flavors which give you a variety in case your cat gets bored of the same flavor.
This remedy is suitable for cats as well as kittens, although the dosage may vary depending on your cat’s age.Pros
- Infused with Omega -3, -6, and -9 fatty acids that ensure healthy skin and coat.
- Regular use will certainly reduce hair shedding and minimize hairball buildup.
- Something unique about this product is that its available in paste form as well as of chewable bits. This allows you to deliver this remedy to your cat in multiple ways.
- Suitable for cats of all ages, as well as kittens as young as 4 weeks.
- Only available in one size
- Some cats dislike this flavor and would not go near it
- Some cats may flick away the paste if you apply it on their paws
7. Temptations Hairball Control
Freight Weight: 6.4 ounces
Product Dimension: 7 x 7 x 3 inches
Temptations hairball remedy is different from other remedies in the market since it comes in the form of treats. The 3-pack of treats is sure to solve your cat’s hairball problems.
The product itself has a crunchy outside texture and is soft on the inside. Due to its texture and chicken flavor, cats can’t seem to get enough of it. It is especially beneficial for cats who dislike paw-gel hairball remedies.
Although this product delivers on its claims of being an effective hairball remedy, it includes no nutrients or minerals to reduce or stop hair loss or hairball buildup.Pros
- Very effective, especially for cats who dislike gel-type hairball remedy products.
- Claims to be the #1 American Cat Treat Brand.
- Each chunk has just 2 calories, which means you don’t have to worry about your cat gaining weight while feeding these treats.
- These treats are 100% nutritionally complete.
- This hairball remedy is suitable only for adult cats. Not formulated for kittens.
- In some cases, these threats fail to solve the hairball issues as cats seem to keep vomiting hairballs
- Uses corn and wheat that some people might think of as filler ingredients.
8. Richard’s Organics Hairball Remedy
Manufacturer: Richard’s Organics
Freight Weight: 4.8 ounces
Product Dimension: 1.6 x 2.4 x 6.2 inches
Richard’s Organics Hairball Remedy is, as the name suggests, a 100% organic hairball remedy. It contains zero percent petroleum, petrolatum and all other derivatives.
This product is an excellent option for people who are conscious about the harms of synthetic or processed ingredients being fed to their cats.
The option to choose between Chicken and Tune gives your cat the variety it needs in case it doesn’t fancy one flavor.
Uses natural substances like lecithin and beeswax to allow hairballs to easily pass through the intestinal tract
The most compelling aspect of this product is the availability of organic pet care products at an affordable price, so you can rest assured your cat is being fed well.Pros
- Available in two different flavors, namely Chicken and Tuna.
- Made from 100 percent natural ingredients free of petroleum and other derivatives.
- Available at an affordable price
- Easy to feed, as most cats can’t get enough of the delicious natural chicken flavor.
- Infused with a rich supply of Omega 3 and Omega 6 acids that ensure healthy skin and coat.
- Suitable for cats of all ages
- Can only be brought in the 4.25 oz pack as no other size is available.
9. PetNC Natural Care Hairball for Cat
Manufacturer: PetNC Natural Care
Freight Weight: 4.8 ounces
Product Dimension: 3.4 x 2.8 x 3.4 inches
Flavor: Chicken & Cheese
The PetNC Natural Care offers soft chews for your cat’s hairball problem. These chews are offered in a delicious chicken & cheese flavor with a chunky texture that your cat is sure to love.
The brand claims its products use ingredients so you can be sure you’re giving your cat high standard supplements.
PetNC takes its products very seriously and uses wholesome ingredients in cGMP facilities which adhere to the highest quality standards set by the National Animal Supplement Council
The PetNC soft chews are made in the USA and source the best products from all over the world.Pros
- Manufactured in the USA
- Formulated by veterinarians
- Uses human-grade ingredients, to ensure you’re giving your pet high-quality supplements
- Comes in a delicious chicken & cheese flavor
- Ideal for finicky cats who dislike paw-gel hairball remedies
- Can be effective for cats of all ages above the age of 4 weeks
- Healthy and nutritious supplement for your cat
- Available only in chicken & cheese flavor, which restricts your choice
- Offered in just one size
10. Pet Naturals of Vermont
Manufacturer: Pet Naturals
- Single: 1.6 ounces
- 6- pack: –
- 8-pack: –
- Single: 4 x 1.5 x 6 inches
- 6-pack: –
- 8-pack: –
The Pet Naturals of Vermont hairball remedy offers a 100% natural solution to your cat’s hairball problems. Rather than using laxatives, synthetic oils, and infusing herbs in the formula, this products takes a more natural approach.
Moreover, this hairball remedy is free of corn, wheat, and other artificial ingredients which is an added benefit for all you pet owners out there who are extra cautious about what they feed their felines.Pros
- The chews are available in 3 different sizes: single, 6-pack, and 8-pack.
- A product that’s made in the USA.
- Does not use laxatives, oils, or herbs in the formula.
- Uses 100% natural ingredients, free of any artificial flavoring.
- Contains delicious chicken liver flavored chews to keep your cat coming back for more.
- The formula is infused with cranberry to so help with urinary tract health.
- Regular use reduces the amount of shedding, minimizing hairball buildup.
- Customers have complained it includes rosemary as an ingredient even though it claims to be herb free.
- The size of individual treats is big so some cats may not like them. You might have to break each treat up if your cat rejects it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I help my cat get rid of a hairball?
Here are a few things you can do to help your cat with hairball problems:
- Groom your kitty’s hair regularly. The more frequently you groom it the fewer chances there are of hair ending up as hairballs inside its stomach.
- Give your cat hairball remedy cat food or supplements to help it pass the hairballs in the stool.
- If your cat licks its coat too much and you suspect that’s why its experiencing hairball problems, try to introduce it to another fun activity or a new toy to discourage excessive self-grooming
Is hairball remedy safe for cats?
Most remedies use laxatives or some sort of lubricant to help your cat with hairballs. These may or may not be effective for some cats. While they help ease the hairball problems and reduce hairball vomits, they do not contribute to the treatment of hairballs. This is why some veterinarians are hesitant while some are even against hairball remedies.
It is advised that you consult with your vet, and then choose whether you should use hairball remedies, hairball treats, hairball remedy cat food, or take other measures to solve your cat’s problem.
Is olive oil good for cat hairballs?
If you’re looking for an organic yet simple solution for your cat’s hairballs, olive oil is a great option.
Olive oil is an excellent natural lubricant, and mixing one spoonful daily in your cat’s food will surely ease up the hairball problem. You will start noticing the difference in a matter of 3 to 4 days.
Moreover, olive oil will bring its numerous benefits once you introduce it into your cat’s diet. These benefits include but are not limited to a shinier coat, boosting the immune system, reduction in risk of cardiovascular diseases, etc.
Does wet cat food help with hairballs?
Because cats are inherently carnivores, indoor cats dependant on cat food need should get ample fiber and other key elements of a balanced diet to prevent hairball problems.
Cats need a decent dose of proteins, fibers, and moisture to prevent hairball issues. If your cat’s diet lacks enough of any of the abovementioned things, it might be faced with hairball problems.
Since wet foods have more moisture, they are an integral part of your cat’s diet. You must provide a mix of wet and dry food, as well as plenty of water, to keep your cat healthy and prevent any health complications