Cats are unique beings, surprising us daily with their personalities and varied abilities. Their wild aspects and cute characters can form so many different relationships with their human pals. I have had cats since I was a child. From my experience as a cat parent, companion and guardian, I have learned that bathing is essential to keep cats healthy.
I am sure you will agree:
In fact, most cats hate water and thinking about bathing a cat sounds like a painful idea. Cats are animals with a great sense of personal hygiene. They are vulnerable to infections, especially flea’s infection, and cats cannot get rid of fleas by themselves.
It is a good idea to get a non-toxic cat shampoo to keep your cat safe from infections and excessive dander.
In this review and buyer’s guide, I am sharing my experience of the 17 best cat shampoos and conditioners. Keep in mind that I only recommend specialized veterinarian shampoos that are completely safe to use.
My first choice for my little kitty is the Pro Pet Works All Natural Oatmeal Shampoo and Conditioner. I chose this cat shampoo to be the best overall because:
- It is made from 100% natural organic ingredients.
- It is recommenced by expert vets.
- Specially made for cats that have allergies.
- There are no colors, Sulphur or other harsh chemicals added.
- It is a mixture of healthy vitamins, almond oil and Aloe Vera extract.
Other Best Cats’ Shampoos That I Picked Are:
- The best itch relief shampoo
This is the ultimate itch reliever, and moisturizer always works wonders with my cats. I also recommend using it during the summers to beat the heat.
- The best value for money
This one comes in a 128 oz gallon bottle. It is a good return for your money and certainly your best option if you have more than one cat.
- The best Hypoallergenic Shampoo
It is the best hypoallergenic cat shampoo for cats with sensitive skins. It helps cleans, softens and condition dry skin and fur.
- The best deep cleaning solution
This one is the best waterless cleaning shampoo specially made to gently clean and freshen skin and fur with fruit extract.
- The best tearless Shampoo
This shampoo is specially made for white cats with long or extra long coat. It is made with hydrolyzed proteins for shining and healthy-looking cat fur.
- The best cat allergen blocker foaming shampoo
It is the best allergen blocking and foaming shampoo for cats. It very effective in neutralizing cat dander and deodorizing cats coat.
- The best cat shampoo for bitten and damaged skin
This shampoo is made from 100% fruit extracts to provide instant relief and smoothing feeling to painfully inflamed and damaged skin.
- Dechra Miconahex Fungal Control Cat Shampoo
It is the best-medicated shampoo to control fungal infection in your cat. This cat shampoo includes 2% Miconazole to treat acute and severe infections effectively.
Let’s explore more about cat shampoos in my detailed review below.
1. Pro Pet All-Natural Oatmeal Cat Shampoo and Conditioner
The Pro Pet All-Natural Oatmeal Cat Shampoo and Conditioner is the safest and most effective cat shampoo. The best thing is that its two in one shampoo and conditioner made from 100% natural organic products. It’s the soothing essence of Aloe Vera and Almond oil that makes this shampoo so unique and better than any other cat shampoo. It is the best natural relief for dehydrated skin and other skin-damaging conditions. Almond oil is rich in Vitamins, especially in vitamin E, which is essential to keep cats’ coat healthy and protected. Aloe Vera extract contains complex carbohydrates and natural dense water base to heal irritated skin and help repair damaged tissue.
- Made from 100% percent pet safe organic products.
- It is easy to apply and massage on cat skin.
- Can be used safely and frequently as it is chemicals free.
- Completely soap, sulfate, and detergent free.
- Helpful to repair damaged skin.
- Made in the USA.
- The gel is made for sensitive and dry cat skin
- It is proved to be vital for curing flea bite allergy
- Helps in grooming tangled coats
- Aloe Vera extract soothes irritated skin
- Effectively deeply penetrate thick coats
- Needs a proper application to become lather
- The fragrance smells a little medicated
2. Paws & Pals Oatmeal Medicated Shampoo and Conditioner
The paws&pals kitty shampoo is the best when it comes to medicated shampoo recommended by the groomers. This is the solution for cats with allergies and sensitivity to foods such as grains and eggs. It is made from natural oatmeal and Aloe Vera to help to heal irritated and dry skin. This cat shampoo is also proved to be very effective in treating severe spot dermatitis and hair follicle problems. Oatmeal makes the skin soft, and the shampoo is easy to wash rinse and clean. Most cat shampoos have a scent, but this one doesn’t have much of a smell, and the smell does away really quickly.
- This shampoo is made from 100% natural oatmeal.
- It is easy to rinse and wash.
- It has a very light smell.
- It helps reduce pet odors.
- Helpful to keep cat’s skin and coat healthy.
- Made and quality vetted in the USA.
- This shampoo is medicated and recommended by the groomers
- Helps cats to fight allergies
- It is easy to apply and wash
- Oatmeal provide natural nourishment to skin
- Effectively eliminates unwanted odors
- The customer services provided by the manufacturer can be improved
- The price is a little on the higher side
3. Paws & Pals Naturally Medicated Cat Shampoo and Conditioner
The Paws&Pals’s medicate cat shampoo and conditioner is made from 100% natural organic ingredients. This shampoo is specially made for deep cleaning and moisturizing of dried and damaged cat’s coat. It contains vegan ingredients that are non-toxic and absolutely safe for cats. The shampoo has a very effective conditioner to give your cat a shining coat. It is completely tearless and soap-free, it contains coconut oil that helps to protect the skin and eliminate odors. If your cat hates bath time try this shampoo, it is hassle-free your cat will start to enjoy bathing.
- This shampoo is the best for deep cleaning.
- It is made from vegan and organic ingredients.
- It gives a completely tearless bathing experience.
- The coconut oil is essential to moisturize skin.
- It contains kpro-vitamin B5 to give your cat a shiny coat.
- This shampoo is made in the USA.
- It is the best shampoo available in this price range
- It contains natural vitamins to nourish the skin
- The shampoo does not irritate the eyes or nose of your cat
- It is made with rosemary water to give a gentle scent
- This cat shampoo keeps the coat shiny and cleans for at least two weeks
- Licking the shampoo can cause vomiting
- Some cats may be allergic to the ingredients used in this shampoo
4. Burt’s Bees for Cats Hypoallergenic Shampoo
The Burt’s Bees Hypoallergenic Shampoo for Cats is the safest option if your cat is sensitive to allergy. The hypoallergenic cat shampoo is made with 100% natural ingredients, including Shea Butter and Honey. The Burt’s Bees shampoo is a high-quality cleaning product that is manufactured, keeping in mind the needs of sensitive cats. It can be safely used to bath kittens of any age as it is the most gentle cleanser made with honey. The honey is a very effective skin-nourishing ingredient and, mixed with shea butter. The shampoo is known to give cats a shiny, silky coat to look like a superstar.
- The hypoallergenic shampoo is ideal for a sensitive cat.
- It has a reputation among groomers.
- The bathing time will become a happy playtime.
- Shea butter is helpful to soothe irritated skin.
- Honey helps to clean furry coats deeply.
- It is best suited for long coat cats.
- This cat shampoo contains Chamomile and Lavender
- The ingredients in the formula are very effective to heal damaged skin
- This shampoo does not contain chemicals such as Parabens, Phthalates, Petroleum
- It does not contain synthetic fragrances or SLS
- Avocado is added to the formula for soothing irritated skins
- The price is a bit on the higher side
- A lot of rinsing is required to remove residue
5. TropiClean Waterless Deep Cleaning Cat Shampoo
TropiClean Waterless Cat Shampoo is the best option if your cat hates water. This shampoo is the best thing to keep your cat happy and clean. Some cats may get aggressive while bathing, and you might end up getting all scratched up in an effort to clean your cat. It is ideal when I come to deodorizing cats’ coats, and it smells much better than ordinary shampoos. One other thing to consider is that cats can easily catch a cold by getting a vet with a regular bath. Therefore, I prefer waterless shampoos, especially in cold seasons.
- This waterless shampoo is easy to apply and clean.
- It is an ideal option if your cat hates water.
- It is easy to wash and creates no mess at all.
- Keeps your cat clean for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Helps to reduce hairballs in older cats.
- Makes coat easy to comb.
- This cat shampoo contains Coconut which is essential for cat skin
- There is no need for rinsing this shampoo
- This shampoo is made from natural ingredients
- Coconut fragrance makes your cat smell good
- Fruit extracts are added to reduce skin irritations
- To much shampoo can make the fur stiff
- Doesn’t help much to keep the fleas away
6. Bio-groom Purrfect White Cat Shampoo and conditioner
This is the best coat whitening and cleaning cat shampoo for white long length fur. If your cat has yellow paws and armpits, apply this shampoo, and you will see the change. The best thing about this shampoo is that you just need to apply a little bit and it’s easy to rinse and wash. It is worth the price as you will only need to give your cat one bath per month to keep the fur white as snow. The ingredients used in this shampoo will give your cat a lovely soft and deeply cleaned cat. It is almost odorless and made with completely pet-safe products.
- The shampoo is easy to rinse and clean.
- It can deeply clean heavy and long length fur.
- The best coat whitening shampoo.
- Only needs to be applied once a month.
- It will reduce hair fall and dander.
- The shampoo is designed to soothe irritated skin.
- This shampoo contains no harsh chemical
- The price range for the quality it offers is perfect
- This shampoo is tested to be allergy-free for most cats
- It is made with proteins to keep the fur and skin healthy
- It is completely tearless and mild
- The shampoo is a bit lumpy and needs time to apply
- This shampoo can cause allergy to sensitive cats
7. Nature’s Miracle Cats Allergen Blocker Shampoo
This shampoo is ideal if you suffer from feline allergy, it will relieve you from most of the allergy symptoms. The shampoo needs to be applied once in a week to keep you safe from allergies and infections from pets. It is easy to apply and wash, and it is safe for your cat to lick as it is made from pet-safe ingredients. The anti-allergen shampoo is designed and approved by the allergist. The fragrance of this shampoo is very mild. This shampoo works best for people allergic to cats and fur by blocking dander and reducing hair fall.
- The shampoo is easy to apply and to form foam.
- It is the best natural allergy protection shampoo.
- It is made from natural pet-safe products.
- The shampoo is easy to massage and neutralize cat dander.
- This shampoo deeply cleans long length coat.
- It has a very mild deodorizing fragrance.
- This shampoo is the best when it comes to reducing dander
- It works best to neutralize feline allergies
- This shampoo is made with natural ingredients
- It is made with a proven and pet safe formula
- The shampoo is developed and tested by allergists
- The price range of this shampoo is a little on the higher side
- Some cats may get dried skin from excessive use of this shampoo
8. All-Natural Anti-Itch Oatmeal Shampoo for Cats
The best thing about this cat shampoo is its smell, and it has a very mild and natural fragrance. This shampoo is made with plant-based ingredients to provide health benefits to the skin. It is capable of deeply cleaning thick fur coats without requiring too much rinsing and washing. The shampoo formula contains rich vitamins, is alcohol and other harsh chemical-free and contains baking soda to neutralize cats smell. It is specially formulated to treat dander and sensitive skins. The oatmeal is essential to provide your cat a fresh, clean, and healthy coat with a very light deodorizing fragrance.
- The shampoo has a very mild natural fragrance.
- It is enriched with high-quality vitamins.
- This shampoo provides a very rich lather.
- The oatmeal provides anti-itch properties.
- The soda in this shampoo naturally neutralizes pet odors.
- It is easy to wash away.
- It is very effective to soothe irritated skins
- The shampoo is proven to help dried cat coats and skins
- It gives cats very shiny and silky coat
- It is completely safe for sensitive cats
- The shampoo is made in the USA
- Not suitable to treat chronically dried skins
- Needs to be used two times a week for good results
9. Dechra Miconahex plus Triz Cat Shampoo
Dechra MiconaHex plus Triz Shampoo is the ideal solution to support healthy skin and coat in cats. It is formulated to treat and help cats with skin conditions sensitive to miconazole and chlorhexidine. The ingredients used to make this shampoo are 100% pet-safe and free from strong chemicals. The shampoo includes a synthetic anti-fungal medication to heal skin infection and fungi caused by bacteria. This shampoo is the optimal solution to block and disrupt the growth of bacteria by covering cell walls. It is suitable for cats with allergies and sensitive to harsh chemicals.
- This is the best-medicated shampoo for cats with skin infections.
- It is formulated to treat irritated and dried skin.
- It is made from harsh chemical-free ingredients.
- The shampoo is easy to apply and rinse.
- It is best suited to treat cats with long and thick coats.
- It has a unique and pleasant deodorizing fragrance.
- This shampoo is capable of treating acute skin infections
- It works best to moisturize dried up cracked skin
- The shampoo continues to work after washing off
- It is specially designed to treat yeast infection in cats
- The shampoo is made in the USA
- This shampoo is priced a bit higher
- Some cats with sensitive skins can get skin rashes from it
10. Vital Pet Life Natural Pet Shampoo
This shampoo is made for cats with sensitive skins. It is made from gentle ingredients to smoothly clean and nourishes cat skin. This shampoo contains Aloe Vera and Jojoba to provide the natural enrichment dried cat skin need. It is made with natural coconut-based cleaner loaded with vitamins essential for healthy skin and coat. The panthenol and jojoba are very effective in treating skin and coat allergies in cats. The shampoo has a very natural and mild smell, nothing too intense. It is a complete tear-free shampoo to clean your furry baby gently.
- The shampoo has a very natural mild smell.
- It is enriched with Aloe Vera and Jojoba.
- This shampoo is formulated to treat skin allergies gently.
- The Jojoba provides skin-soothing and cleaning.
- It is the best formula containing coconut-based cleaner.
- It is easy to apply and rinse.
- The shampoo is very effective in treating sensitive skins
- It is made to clean intensely thick fur coats
- The vitamins in the shampoo are vital for healthy coats
- It is made with completely pet-safe ingredients
- This shampoo is made in the USA
- Not suitable for kittens and young pets
- Excessive use can damage the skin and coat
11. Earth Bath All-Natural Pet Shampoo
The Earth Bath shampoo is made with completely pet-safe and natural ingredients. It is formulated using 3% oatmeal and organic grade Aloe Vera. The formula is very effective in soothing irritated skins and coats. The shampoo is a natural and soap-free solution to moisturize dried skin. This shampoo is easy to clean and rinse. It is pH-balanced that makes it an ideal fit for cats with sensitive skins. The shampoo is formulated to naturally and thoroughly clean thick and long fur coats. It makes combing your cat coat easier and reduce hair fall.
- This shampoo is made with natural pet care products.
- It is enriched with natural ingredients and vitamins.
- The shampoo is ideal for long length thick coats.
- The oatmeal provides skin-soothing effects.
- It is made with Aloe Vera to moisturize dried skin naturally.
- It is easy to apply and rinse quite thoroughly.
- This shampoo is effective to thoroughly clean coats
- The shampoo will not wash off anti-flea applications
- It is made with olive extraction to provide essential oils
- The Aloe Vera provide natural soothing to irritated skin
- This shampoo is suitable for cat’s sensitive to allergies
- Avoid direct contact with eyes
- Prevent swallowing by cats
12. Calily Life Organic Cat Shampoo and Conditioner
This shampoo is a natural blend of organic ingredients to clean and protect your cat’s skin. It is made with 100 percent pet-safe natural ingredients that are perfectly safe for cats and other furry pets. This shampoo is made with oatmeal, shea butter, and Aloe Vera mixed with natural minerals and vitamins. It is completely soap-free and will transform your cat’s bath time in playtime. The shampoo is very effective in relieving your cat from itching and dry skin without disturbing the natural oil composition of cat’s skin.
- This shampoo is made with natural and organic ingredients.
- Shea butter and oatmeal are essential to healing irritated skin.
- This shampoo is formulated with sea minerals.
- The Aloe Vera is very helpful in moisturizing skin.
- This shampoo effectively reduces shedding.
- It contains natural organic oils to nourish cat coat.
- The shampoo effectively clean and protect cat skin
- This shampoo is easy to apply and rinse
- It is effective in removing impurities and eliminates odors
- It is made from natural organic oils to nourish coat and skin
- The shampoo is formulated to be eyes
- The price of this shampoo is a bit high
- The smell of this shampoo can be improved
13. Four Paws Magic Coat Cat Tearless Shampoo
This shampoo is made with proteins and lanolin to clean cat coat and skin thoroughly. The ingredients used in this shampoo are natural and safe for cats. The smell of this shampoo is very mild and perfect to eliminated unwanted pet odors. It has a fragrance that is not too strong and will not irritate your cat. This shampoo is very effective in treating dander, dry skin, and hair loss. The shampoo helps in making your cat’s coat shiny and healthy and promotes combing. It is easy to apply, massage, and rinses. It provides soft coats and lather well with a little bit of water.
- This shampoo is easy to us and harsh chemicals free solution.
- It is made with natural ingredients.
- The shampoo is best suited for grooming long length coats.
- The formula is eyes friendly and soothes irritated skin.
- It is made to provide natural oils to the surface.
- It is suitable for most cats with allergies.
- This shampoo comes in a 12 oz bottle
- The shampoo is used to help tangled coats
- It is the most affordable quality grooming product
- The shampoo effectively removes excess oils on the skin
- This shampoo has a mild refreshing smell
- Excessive licking can cause diarrhea in cats
- Not suitable for cats with sensitive skins